China’s net-gold imports via Hong Kong more than doubled in March to 111.6 tonnes. Chart not updated as official data not publicly available yet. Source: Goldchartsrus.com
Net-gold imports by the world’s top gold consumer through the port of Hong Kong rose to 111.647 tonnes in March from 47.931 tonnes in February, according to data emailed to Reuters by the Hong Kong Census and Statistics Department.
China’s net-gold imports rose to its best since May 2016. Total gold imports rose to 116.68 tonnes in March from 49.026 tonnes in February.
Both total and net imports in March rose for a second straight month.
Gold has risen over 10 percent so far this year, driven by geopolitical worries.
Gold bullion is often seen as an alternative investment during times of political and financial uncertainty.
Gold prices eased on Tuesday as investor sentiment remained skewed towards riskier assets in the wake of the French election results last weekend, though concerns over tensions on the Korean peninsula limited the safe-haven metal’s losses.
Full article on Reuters here
– Switzerland’s Gold Exports To China Surge In December
– Gold Flows East – China, India Import Massive Quantities of Gold from Switzerland
– Shanghai Becoming Global Gold Hub And Gold Price Discovery Centre
– Gold Demand in China Heading For Record and Reserves Increase 14 Tonnes In October
News and Commentary
GOLD PRICES HOLD UP RELATIVELY WELL, WEAKER DOLLAR (BullionDesk.com)
Gold slips to 2-wk lows as rallying equities boost risk appetite (Reuters.com)
Nasdaq Composite Tops 6,000, Tariff Sinks Loonie (Bloomberg.com)
Indian physical gold buying may be behind Dubai tightness: sources (Platts.com)
London house prices post most dramatic annual fall since financial crisis (CNBC.com)
Global Silver Mining Industry Productivity Falls To Lowest In History (SRSRoccoReport.com)
Peak Gold, The Debt Pil and Exter’s Pyramid (GoldSeek.com)
Hyperinflation around the Globe (24HGold.com)
Is Trump Any Closer to Fiscal Reform? – Holmes (GoldSeek.com)
Stock Bubble On Margin Debt – Powerful Time Bomb (BusinessInsider.com)
Gold Prices (LBMA AM)
26 Apr: USD 1,264.95, GBP 986.79 & EUR 1,160.21 per ounce
25 Apr: USD 1,270.50, GBP 990.48 & EUR 1,165.81 per ounce
24 Apr: USD 1,271.80, GBP 991.11 & EUR 1,169.42 per ounce
21 Apr: USD 1,281.50, GBP 1,000.85 & EUR 1,197.31 per ounce
20 Apr: USD 1,279.90, GBP 996.91 & EUR 1,188.00 per ounce
19 Apr: USD 1,282.05, GBP 999.74 & EUR 1,196.79 per ounce
18 Apr: USD 1,285.00, GBP 1,025.82 & EUR 1,205.46 per ounce
Silver Prices (LBMA)
26 Apr: USD 17.59, GBP 13.72 & EUR 16.15 per ounce
25 Apr: USD 17.84, GBP 13.92 & EUR 16.40 per ounce
24 Apr: USD 17.81, GBP 13.90 & EUR 16.40 per ounce
21 Apr: USD 17.98, GBP 14.05 & EUR 16.80 per ounce
20 Apr: USD 18.19, GBP 14.21 & EUR 16.91 per ounce
19 Apr: USD 18.22, GBP 14.19 & EUR 16.99 per ounce
18 Apr: USD 18.42, GBP 14.56 & EUR 17.27 per ounce
Recent Market Updates
– LePen Euro Frexit Panic Over – “For Now”
– Gold Sovereigns – ‘Treasure’ Trove Found In UK – Don’t Be The Piano Owner
– Silver, Platinum and Palladium as Investments – Research Shows Diversification Benefits
– When Trump Turns On “Enemy Within” Fed It May Create 1970s Style Stagflation
– Silver Production Has “Huge Decline” In 2nd Largest Producer Peru
– Gold Erases Post- Election Fall as Trump Wrong on Dollar
– Perth Mint Silver Bullion Sales Rise 43% In March
– Gold Surges Above Key 200 Day Moving Average $1270 Level
– Bank of England Rigging LIBOR – Gold Market Too?
– Pension Crisis In U.S. and Globally Is Unavoidable
– Gold, Silver and Oil Spike After U.S. Bombs Syria
– Why Now Is The Time To Invest In Gold and Silver – Schroders
– Heraeus Gold Refinery Buys Swiss Refiner Argor-Heraeus